Skip to main content

Torn

Dear Xenina,

To cut a long story short I am torn between two woman. The first woman I am dating and is very attractive but we arent very emotionally involved (I think thats how she likes it).

The other I am just very good friends with but we have a great bond. We have both admitted that we like each other as more than friends but neither of us have done anything since shes just come out of a relationship she was deeply involved in . . and I have a girlfriend at the moment. However, she is also a lot further away from me than my girlfriend is. So my question is which should I choose? Should I stick with my current GF who is close or try a long distance with a girl i have a lot of feelings for and she returns them?

Torn (18 yrs old)

Alright Torn,

I'm going to tell you something I hardly ever advise. Do what's convenient at the moment. Are you going off to college or the army? If you have plans to be on the move and/or do something with your life at the moment, you need not worry about long term.

You're so young and vibrant. You have a lot to live for. Why should you be tied down to one or the other in any kind of commitment? If you want to continue to have a good relationship with your current girlfriend and enjoy it then do that. I would probably choose the second girl, but since she's so far away that would be a difficult relationship. Perhaps you could just keep her company and help her feel better about her break up.

One more note. Don't cheat if you have promised to be committed to someone.

People won't remember what you said, but they'll always remember how you made them feel.

Xenina

Comments